Disney Social Media Moms and 18 summers

My son doing worksheets reviewing things he learned in school year. 


The words to describe my experience at the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration include: inspiring, fun and educational. At this wonderful "celebration" I along with approximately 200 other bloggers were treated to the wonderful world of Disney, attended great informational sessions, and were given the opportunity to explore Disney. 

One of the most inspirational sessions was the one with Amy Foster, a Disney executive. She spoke about savoring the Magical Moments we have with our families in our daily lives. As a photo of her children was displayed on the large screen she spoke of her revelation that "We have 18 summers" with our children. 18 summers of smiles, fun in the sun, review of school work (don't want to let all the hard work go to waste), perhaps trips to Disney and other summer vacation destinations. 

It struck a cord with my because this is my fifth summer with my son. It is hard to believe that time has gone by so quickly and my son has grown so much. In what seems to be a blink of the eye my son will be off to kindergarten this fall and I know I will blink and he will be going to college or even (gasp) to college! 

I have plans to enjoy the moments I have with my son this summer and every summer to come. His smile, kisses and hugs are abundant now and I want to take full advantage. I know that when he is a teen, these things may be hard to come by. 

I have 13 more summers with my son and intend to make them Magical! 





Comments

Jamie Miles said…
That gave me a lump in my throat as this could be the last summer I have with my oldest. His 19th. As tough as that might be in some ways, it's wonderful to see the young man he's becoming. Pride is taking the place of nurturing.

Popular Posts