Fighting Hunger Together

In May 2010, Walmart committed to $2 Billion to fight hunger in the United States through 2015. As part of this commitment, Walmart is engaging its employees and customers in the fight too. In 2010, I had the opportunity to work with Walmart volunteers at a foodbank in Washington, DC. Not only did this experience change me personally as I learned about the need for food by families in the United States, it also compelled me to support the local food bank in my community by donating food. Walmart is currently asking you to vote for communities you want to support in the fight against hunger. The community with the most votes will win $1 Million to fight hunger locally. Even if your community is not one of the 200 represented please vote, you can truly make a difference! Even if the community you support with your vote does not win, the next 20 with the highest number of votes will receive $50,000 to combat hunger locally! To vote simply like the Walmart Facebook page and launch the app That is it! Simple. Here is what the screen will look like.


You can vote daily until the end of this month. Let's fight hunger together!


Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and have been compensated to spread the word about this campaign. As usual all opinions are 100% my own

.

Comments

Popular Posts