Easter Gluten Free Cake Pops



With Easter fast approaching I wanted to come up with an appropriate treat for my son's pre-school class. I decided to make pastel colored cake pops - delicious and just the right amount of sweet without going overboard! For this project (indeed it was a project since I've never attempted to make cake pops before) I decided to use white chocolate (despite knowing it is more difficult to work with than dark chocolate) and pastel colored sugar. 


Of course, as a busy mom I had to take some shortcuts and decided instead of making a cake, crumbling it after it baked and forming hand rolled balls, I purchased a brownie pop baking dish. It cut time and mess down considerably! 




I also purchased cake pop sticks, Baker's Joy non-stick spray and a cake pop stand. The next time I take on this project I will just purchase a block of styrofoam because although the stand was helpful when letting the chocolate harden I was unable to transport the pops using it. With the exception of the sugar crystals and the white chocolate I had all of the other ingredients needed to make the cake pops in my pantry and refrigerator. I adapted a cake pops recipe I found on Malibu Kitchen to make my actual pops and I love the outcome






Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Pops
1 cup Gluten Free flour 
¾ cup sugar 
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder 
Pinch of salt 
¼ cup vegetable oil (I omitted this and somehow my cake pops were still extraordinarily moist)
½ cup Almond Milk
2 eggs 
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
Baking spray 
1 14 oz bag of vanilla flavor chocolate
Edible sprinkles to decorate 
A Bake Pop pan (available from Walmart) 
Cake Pop Stand (available from Walmart) 

Directions: 

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Put the flour, sugar baking powder, salt and oil in a bowl. 
  • Using an electric mixer beat on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined. 
  • Gradually pour in half (1/4 cup) of the water and beat until the water is just incorporated. 
  • In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, and remaining water together for a few seconds. 
  • Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and continue beating until just incorporated. 
  • Scrape sides and continue mixing for a minute more until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix. 
  • Spray both sides of cake pop pan with baking pam. 
  • Using a liquid measuring cup, pour mixture into pan.
  • Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
  • Melt a small amount of candy coating in the microwave.
  • Dip the end of the cake pop stick into the coating, then insert into cake ball. 
  • Place cake pops into freezer for 10 minutes. 
  • Heat large batch of candy coating in microwave and prepare your topping bowls. 
  • Remove your cake pops from the freezer. 
  • Dip cake pops in candy coating. 
  • Sprinkle on additional toping of topping bowl. 
  • Use a cake pop stand or Styrofoam to hold your finished cake pops.



Disclosure: I am a Walmart Mom and have been compensated for my time to write this post as usual all opinions are 100% my own.

Comments

hoteluri belek said…
I`ve tried this recipe and i`m really impressed, it has a very good taste. My both child tried it and they like it a lot. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Popular Posts