Save the Polar Bears!

You may not remember but a couple of years ago (I can't believe how quickly time flies!) I hosted a radio show called Green & Gorgeous. Jennae and I talked about going green a little at a time. I still am very interested in sustainability, our environment and am working on truly living a green life. When I was invited to the launch of the Arctic Home campaign, a partnership between Coca-Cola and the World Wildlife Federation, I immediately said yes! And I am now a Momma Bear ambassador for the program! 


So, what is the partnership? Well, Coca-Cola is turning its iconic red can white for the very first time in history! 
See the momma bear and her cubs? She will do anything to protect them.

Whenever you see a white can or white top on a bottle, look for the package code, and text 
357357 to make $1 donation to the World Wildlife Federation

For every $1 donated, Coca-Cola will match it up to $1 Million! 

You may be wondering why this is important? Well, the Arctic is the only place where polar bears live and the ice there is melting at an alarming rate. At the launch, we saw the preview of the IMAX movie following a mother and her two cubs - where there is usually 50 miles of ice in the arctic, there was only 10 miles leaving her cubs in closer proximity to the male polar bears that prey on them. "The WWF has a vision to help protect the polar bear’s Arctic home. This includes working with local residents to manage an area high in the Arctic where the summer sea ice will likely persist the longest. This area—potentially covering 500,000 square miles—could provide a home for the polar bear while protecting the cultural and economic needs of local people."


If you are not a coke drinker ( truthfully, I am not but I love this campaign and do drink other Coke-Cola products) you can simply donate online at ArcticHome.com  This interactive site is truly amazing and I suggest you check it out even if you choose to donate by text! 

I am honored to be a Momma Bear ambassador, please be on the lookout for more updates from me about this exciting campaign! 



Compensation was provided by Coca-Cola, but Coca-Cola is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this post. All opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of Coca-Cola.


Comments

Cool Math said…
Nice said... i agree with you!

Popular Posts