Bonding with my child after a C-Section

In the United States many women are opting to give birth by cesarean section for a myriad of reasons. In my case, it was a necessity. Like many women of African-American descent, I have fibroid tumors on my uterus and a year and half prior to getting pregnant, I decided to have them removed. Well, several of them removed because I still have fibroids there were just too many to get rid of all of them. Prior to surgery I was told that I would only be able to give birth by c-section.  As disappointing as that revelation was, relieving the pain of my fibroids was more important to me than giving a vaginal birth.

Admittedly, I had some concerns about bonding with my child because I knew before being able to spend time with him, I had to recover from the actual surgery.



To read the rest of this post visit the Million Moms Challenge


Comments

Popular Posts