National Minority Cancer Awareness Week Chat 1 PM Today!



Although I ran last Saturday when I was at the Mom 2.0 Summit in NOLA I have not been consistent about running and exercise. Last night I decided no more excuses and just got up and ran. It wasn't my fastest three miles, between stop lights walking the ginormous hill on the trail and the humidity I tackled the task and completed it. One of the things I know to be true is that if I am consistent with exercise I will greatly reduce my risk of cancer. Diet and exercise play a key role in helping to keep you cancer free and Dr. Brawley, Chief Medical Officer  of the  American Cancer Society will be chatting live today at 1:00PM EST to answer questions about cancer for National Minority Cancer Awareness Week.


I am also co-hosting the chat along with my good friend Lorraine of Run Wifey Run. We are both member of the American Cancer Society Blogger Advisory Board and will be participating in the chat to share our experiences with healthy living. With 7 half-marathons and 1 marathon between us (7 in the last year ya'll!) I think we know a little bit about saying healthy with exercise!


It isn't easy and some days are more challenging than others but I'm keeping my focus on healthy living and getting my grove back! I hope you can join us in the chat today at 1:00 PM EST. 


Comments

Popular Posts