Healthy Cooking Class




A few weeks ago I had the honor of co-hosting a Healthy Meal Makeover Virtual Cooking Class on The Motherhood. I can't tell you how many great ideas and tips for healthy eating came out of the class. And because I'm sure many of you were unable to make it, here are a few of the great tips related to healthy snacks for kids:


Healthier kids’ snacks
 
It can be tough to convince kids to align with your healthier habits, but there are ways to work healthy eating into their diets.
 
“My 7 and 5 year old sons love food they can dip and spread. I make edamame hummus and eggplant dips that they love to put on pita chips or just dip carrots into,” said co-host Ilina Ewen, Dirt and Noise. “And don't underestimate a salad with every meal. I use spinach or arugula with a lemony vinaigrette or homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.”
 
“My younger daughter loves starchy white foods - pastas, breads, rice, crackers, etc.,” said Emily McKhann.  She increases the health factor by using “whole grain versions often.”
 
A few good healthy snack options for kids:
 
Popcorn trail mix: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/12/popcorn-trail-mix.html
 
Homemade granola bars: http://onceamonthmom.com/diet-oamm-nutrient-packed-breakfast-bars-healthy-recipe/
 

This is just a small excerpt from the class and you can find the entire transcript on The Motherhood
There are links to recipes for healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer and even desert options. If you haven't had a chance to do it, I highly recommend checking it out! 




Disclosure: As a host of the show I was compensated for my time. 



Comments

Ida said…
Wow, these look fantastic!

Popular Posts