My Fresh Start: Food!

So, last week I was on a cruise and this week I am at a conference. Not the most healthy food friendly events! I have however been making pretty good food choices. Supplemented with my share of sweets and a few adult beverages but hey - cruise, conference=mini vacation!







I am however all stocked up and ready to jump start my full speed ahead healthy eating plan. I found some time to stop by Walmart between my cruise and my conference to pick up some items to help me get on track.






Because I want to jumpstart this thing, I’m going to try out Slim-Fast. In many ways it is similar to when I was eating clean - 2 shakes and one meal so I’m familiar with the model and know I can stick to it. However trying to start that type of plan during a conference? I’m not there yet. I will say that I tried the Vanilla, Strawberry, Cappocinno and milk chocolate flavors before the conference and although they don’t taste like an ice cream shake, they are palatable and I’ll be able to stick with the 3-2-1 plan for at least 2 weeks.






It is pretty simple, 3 snacks (veggies, fruit or a Slim Fast snack bar), 2 shakes and 1 meal of 500 calories. I did it on Monday and I have to say that it forced me to eat more. Yup, I’ve fallen back into the bad habit of not eating enough during the day (horrible for the metabolism) and even with drinking two meals, I’m still eating more than usual with snacks.






I’m sure this will help get my metabolism back and gear so I’m looking forward to seeing what the results will be. I admit I’ve been lazy about cooking too so I also picked up some Lean Cuisine. I never tried it before but I tell you, I really liked the fish dish. And, I didn’t use up my 500 calories so.....





I had dessert Smart Ones cookie sundae. Yup. And it was good! LOL Now am I always going to have convenience food and drink shakes? No. But sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to the ball rolling. And I’ll give this a couple of weeks and then I’ll return to my normal method of cooking and eating enough. This will just get me over the initial hump!

 
I’ll be using Walmart’s meal and exercise tracker to keep me on point. It is free so I say try it out, what do you have to lose?


Disclosure: I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation to share my journey to healthier living with you as part of the Fresh Start Challenge n and provided me with the food. Participation is voluntary and as usual, all opinions are my own.






Disclosure

Comments

Ali said…
I love those Smart Ones choc chip cookie dough sundaes. So good! I tried the slim fast diet but it just didn't work for me--way too much sugar in their products. Sugar is my downfall weight-wise and unfortunately I have a big sweet tooth!
Unknown said…
I'd like to try Smart Ones as well. Looks like they're yummy! Happy Thursday!
T-Wan said…
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. WTG on figuring it out and coming up with a plan. Where can I find the Walmart meal and exercise tracker? I've never heard of it.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry but I have to say this: all that "food" is NOT healthy. Maybe some people are willing/forced to compromise when it comes to healthy nutrition, but it just saddens me when people can't tell a healthy meal from a very unhealthy one. You may lose weight/maintain your weight, but that doesn't mean your body overall is in good health. If your diet consists of processed food and downright toxins, it cannot be healthy. On a side note, I think you look beautiful and unique :)

Popular Posts