Pre-BlogHer 2010


I can’t believe that the BlogHer conference is only 2 weeks away!  This will be my second time attending the event and I am excited about seeing my old blogging friends and meeting my new blogging friends in real life. With over a year of conferences under my belt, I don’t feel anxious, I’m not worried about what I’m wearing (beyond gathering the 3 or so outfits that I have in my closet that fit) I’m just happy to have the opportunity to visit my hometown- New  York, NY the big apple!

This year I was asked to host a Pre-BlogHer meetup for Atlanta folks and I was happy to oblige. Last Saturday afternoon I met  bloggers from the Atlanta area at the Kirkwood Public House.


Some of us are attending BlogHer and others that are not. Although for many of us it was the first time meeting, we were chatting like old girlfriends. There is something about having a common interest that binds (blogging) and being around a group of individuals that “get” you.

We represented all walks of life and all types of blogs - beauty and fashion, legal, Mom blogs, business blogs, food blogs, women in non-traditional occupations, product review blogs, it really was amazing. Attorneys, freelance writers, marketers, an electrician and stay at home moms were all present. 

We had a FABULOUS time. Some us had our kids along and not only did they have their own table but the Kirkwood Public House was extremely accommodating. The children had the run of the house.

The meet-up was a successful because we came together to learn, share information and enjoy each other’s company. Truly a mini-BlogHer conference. Plans are in the works to meet-up again after the conference to share our experiences with the woman that are unable to attend BlogHer this year.

Today in the mail I received my BlogHer conference pass.

All of the parties I rsvp’d for are listed on the back of my badge and my drink tickets were included too! I have so many lanyards and badge holders from past conferences that I just slipped my badge into my nifty bejeweled holder (that I received at another conference) and I love this new process, it makes for a "greener" conference, I'm using recycled goods and the agenda is also available online. I am ready to go.

This year’s BlogHer is sure to be as jam-packed as last year, the conference, the parties (did I say parties), New York City. I can’t wait, I’ll spend 4 days in New York having a much needed Mom vacay, I’ll be sure to report back with all the details!

Are you going to BlogHer? Are you excited? Let me know!

Comments

MJ Tam said…
I can't wait to see you there Renee! I also can't wait for my badge. I always worry about not getting those things in the mail. lol.

I'll bein NY for 6 days and I will get as much rest as I can.
Briar said…
Looking forward to seeing you! I just got my badge today!
Anonymous said…
got my badge today and looking so forward to meeting you. I'm one of a few coming in on Wednesday. I really hope I can find you and give you a big hug.
Jenn said…
Have a GREAT time. So sad I'm not going. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Yakini said…
Wow, this post got me all excited and amped! :-) Glad your pre-BlogHer meetup was such a success!!!! Sadly, I won't be at BlogHer this year (although its in my own town, dernit! Lol), as I'll be caring for my newborn (due Aug. 4th).

But have a GREAT time and I'm looking forward to reading the recap afterward!!!!
Mommy Mo said…
I am not going to Blogher this year, but I wish I was, especially with it being in NYC. I have only been once and had a fabulous time. Take lots of pictures and make sure to share it all with those of us who couldn't attend!
Our pre-BlogHer meetup in St. Louis is this Saturday. I'm very excited for that but I am MEGA excited for BlogHer!!!! I just finished getting everything (so far) on my calendar. Now I know where I have time left still to accept invites that are still coming in.
Bishonna said…
I'm a new blogger and will not be at BlogHer "this year." I'm in the Atlanta area and definitely want to be a part of the recap when you guys come back!
I'm heading to BlogHer and look forward to seeing you there too. It will be 4 days of high energy FUN.
I won't be there because I am not interested in conferences. I know you will have an amazing time!
I am trying extremely hard to get to BlogHer. Bid on a full conference ticket and waiting to hear back if I had the winning bid or not. Also, I'm trying round up sponsors to help with travel costs. So, I'm trusting God to let it all fall into place!!
anymommy said…
Very. Can't wait to see you!
Kathleen W. said…
Can't wait to see you again! You've changed so much in the last year, I probably won't recognize you. :)
Looking forward to seeing you there!

Popular Posts