Unexpected Inspiration at Cafe DeCuir

I love when inspiration comes from the most unexpected places. Yesterday I was invited by Tami to a bloggers luncheon at Cafe DeCuir. The owner, David DeCuir was named the top Black caterer in Atlanta and I have to say I understand why! David uses his Louisiana home grown recipes to entertain the palate of diners. I must admit that I am going to have visit David again to try his lemon salmon with crusted pecans. Since I am a pescatarian, I only sampled his salad (pictured above), the spinach and artichoke dip (scrumptious) and the lemon pound cake. Yes, I indulged a bit with my diet yesterday but it was worth it!
David and Tami

Now on to the inspiration. Remember that half marathon I am running to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? Well, visiting Cafe DeCuir gave me one more reason to be inspired. David was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer in December and is cancer free! I told him that I will certainly be running and thinking of him too - he is still undergoing chemotherapy but pushing on with his business ventures and showing that lovely smile.

I am so thankful that I attended the luncheon! Once again I've been reminded that my efforts fundraising for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society will make a difference in the lives of others!

Comments

Thank you so much for coming out had so much fun spending an afternoon with yah!
Mendie said…
You both look beautiful...what a fun afternoon!
Unknown said…
Renee, I love your dress. Care to share?

Popular Posts