Drinking for a Great Cause!


For as long as I can remember I have been interested in making a difference. I want my stay on planet Earth to mean something, not just for me and my family but for the world at large. Although this may seem like a large undertaking, I believe that small initiatives can have a tremendous impact. Things ranging from donating old clothing to the needy, to volunteering to mentor a child or even donating to your favorite charity all make a difference.

Recently I was asked to become a Tropicana Juicy Insider to try out their rewards program and discuss my experience on my blog. I am a life long fan of Tropicana (my favorite is the juice with the Pulp!) so becoming an ambassador for the brand makes sense for me. Of course, before I agreed I had to investigate the rewards and I was elated to see a reward that would benefit not only my family but future generations. By drinking Tropicana and collecting points I am able to assist in the effort to save the rainforest!

  • Rainforest destruction accounts for as many CO2 emissions as the USA - a staggering six billion tonnes each year.
  • 1.6 billion people depend on rainforests for their welfare and livelihoods, with 350 million of them living in rainforest communities.
  • Rainforests are made of carbon. When the forest is destroyed, this carbon is released as climate warming CO2.
  • Rainforests are critical to global weather systems acting as the world's thermostat
  • The Amazon rainforest alone provides a fifth of the world’s fresh water as well as a fifth of the world’s oxygen.
  • Rainforests are home to two-thirds of all living animal and plant species on the planet, with hundreds of millions of species still undiscovered.
  • The forests are known as the “world’s pharmacy” because of their wealth of natural medicines and destroying them can destroy the chances of new breakthroughs in treatment. (From the Cool Earth website)

The Tropicana Save The Rainforest program has partnered with the Cool Earth Foundation to help save the Amazonian Rainforest. For every Tropicana rewards point donated 331/3 square feet of rainforest are saved. I donated 3 rewards points and saved 100 square feet of the Rainforest! This is the newest Tropicana program to protect the rainforest, but not their first. To date, Tropicana has already protected five thousand acres of endangered rainforest in the Amazon. Working with Cool Earth and the local Ashaninka communities in Peru, Tropicana is ensuring an incredible 1.3 million tons of CO2 is protected 24/7!

By drinking Tropicana, I am making a difference! Since I am already a lover of Tropicana, donating points found on a carton of juice that I already drink is a no-brainer! I decided to be philanthropic with my points but there are numerous awards available for family outings, to beauty treatments and discounts on your favorite retailers. Check out Tropicana.com for more information and don't forget to enter the points from your juice carton!

Don't have any Tropicana on hand? Well here is a gift of a point for you from TheMotherhood!

Register for Juicy Rewards at www.tropicana.com and you'll get one extra bonus point worth $5 in savings immediately! Set-up your Tropicana Juicy Rewards account, visit the "enter codes" page within the site and get started with MOTHE-RHOOD*

*This one-time use code is valid for new accounts ONLY. Must be entered within 6 hours of creating your account.


Disclosure: I received points and compensation for my participation in this program but my decision to donate was all my own!




Comments

Tropicana has been my favorite drink so it won't be hard for me to support them especially for a cause. Thanks for sharing this information by the way.

Popular Posts