Violence Unsilenced....

Earlier this year my friend Maggie, author of OkayFineDammit started a new blog called Violence Unsilenced. It is a place where survivors of domestic violence can tell their stories. Anonymously is need be.

I took the pledge

Today, I tell my story on Violence Unsilenced. Like Rihanna I was in a domestic violence situation as a teenager. It was a trying period for me and I was afraid to tell any adults in my life about what was going on. Luckily no one lost their life but there was a very close call.

I ask you to visit Violence Unsilenced today and if you know any teens - please send them there too. My story may help someone you know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
First time visitor, via VU. You are strong and beautiful - thank you for sharing!
strokeofliving said…
Thanks for sharing this powerful and personal experience. One never knows does one?
Barbara said…
Glad that your turn came up to add to the collective. I am sure that your story touched a woman today!
maggie, dammit said…
Thank you again, my friend. You are a beacon of grace.

xo

Popular Posts