ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Gifts


Yesterday I mentioned the importance of stopping to smell the roses and to my surprise when I entered my hotel room I was greeted by a rose. Of course in my hustle and bustle I missed the rose because I had my mind focused on one thing.




The whirlpool tub that awaited me. After a long day of traveling that was far from over, I knew that slipping into a robe and slippers and while waiting for the tub to fill and then easing into the hot and refreshing water were just what the doctor ordered. As I let the calming jets massage my body I basked in this moment alone, read my latest and book and enjoyed the tranquil environment around me.


After my relaxing bath I enjoyed an hour of lounging around in the bed before dressing for work (if you can call trying on outfits for an hour or so work). After my fitting I was supposed to meet up with friends but with barely 3 hours of sleep the night before and 7 hours or so of traveling I was beat and arranged to meet up on Monday.

I walked down the quaint streets of this old town, passing shops where wine tasting was advertised and made a note to myself to check out some wine if my schedule permitted on Monday. I picked up a burrito and walked back to the hotel and retired to my room. I was alseep within the hour, bedtime for me was around 8 pm. I was fully satiated and although I woke up several times during the night I felt well rested when I awoke at 5 this morning.

After another soothing bath, as I dressed I prepared coffee. Have you ever used a coffee press? I love the taste of pressed coffee and when I lived in South Africa my coffee press was my best friend. Again, this simple ritual helped me start my day and the taste? Simply magnificant. Before I am off this morning I am meeting my friend Victoria aka Vdog and we will break bread together.



I feel totally and completely blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy these simple pleasures. What pleasures have you enjoyed for yourself today?

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Mmmm whirl pool tubs... wow - I have not used a press but I have heard good things!!!

Ali said...

I've never used a coffee press but, man, those things are cute! My simple--and rare--pleasure this morning: hubby fixed me breakfast:)

Ms. Bar B: said...

Wow. Who knew having a hotel stay could be a vacation all by itself?? Looks like I need to book myself a retreat =).

strokeofliving said...

Here are two simple things, 1) I love to sit in my living room in the morning just as the sun rises looking at how the rays appear through the horizontal blinds. My blinds have a light yellow color which causes the light to appear brighter than normal. 2) I also look at the shadows the blinds cast on my shiny wood floors and I am thankful for another day to get it right...

blueviolet said...

How absolutely lovely to be able to enjoy a night of true pampering!

Talking with Tami said...

I love taking hot baths but my kids interrupt me every time. I have to do it during the daytime lol

Allison M. said...

I can't tell you the last time I took a bath. I've been in this place 3 years and I haven't taken one yet.

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

Ahhhh..that had to be heavenly to take two baths. I have gotten in a wonderful habit of not turning on the TV or radio when I am home during the day. I have some to enjoy the peace that fills my house.

Kathleen W. said...

That sounds like such a relaxing time (except for being tired from traveling and all).

I think coffee made in a French press is THE best tasting. I'll have to dust mine off and take time to steep and enjoy it.

mannequin said...

Certainly not pleasures like you're experiencing. I guess the big whoop to do here for me is when I get a moment of silence. Is silence pleasure?

jewelry Rockstar said...

Sounds lovely. I haven't had a bath in 9 months ( doctors orders). In about three more weeks I should be able to enjoy one. I have never used a coffee press before. Sounds interesting. I have enjoyed coffee and sushi lately. Soon I'll have wine too.

T.Allen-Mercado said...

I've never used a coffee press either...which is odd, because I'm batty for great beer and coffee.

Your getaway looks nice and tranquil-savor the moments.

Kristin said...

That sounds just heavenly. And I think I'm going to ask for a coffee press for Christmas!

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics